f a s h i o n

Sunday 9 November 2014

the B O L D & the beautiful




Hi Beauties, 

This post is a tad overdue; these photos were taken last Sunday - it's Sunday now...life. But I kept it simple and paired this black leather skirt with a black textured scuba top and a pair of wine patent pumps. As plain as it may appear - I think this outfit sums up my style quite well - never too flashy and always classy. Besides that, I am wearing two of my favourite colours - black - which is just a given and w i n e also commonly referred to as o x b l o o d if you keep up with the trendy under-culture of the young. 
Last year during my mother's wedding shower we played some ice breaker games and - we all had the task of describing the person to our right with a colour representation. A tad presumptuous when you don't know everyone as much as you should - but a fun game nonetheless. The colour attributed to me was wine - a deep red confident colour. My girl described me as an individual who was not flashy or overbearing - yet a presence that was noticed. It was honestly so perfect. I have held onto that since then. This is how I want to be described in all aspects of my life. I may not be the brightest star in the room at all times - but I shine just bright enough to keep you wondering. Conceptually this example can be used in many different ways - especially where work and dedication are concerned. In a world of 6 0 seconds of fame - consistency and faithfulness are praised. 
Just call me the silent wonder...

***


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment