f a s h i o n

Sunday 2 November 2014

Okay,  so I have been a bit of a delinquent where the blog is concerned. Last week was incredibly busy - catching up with friends and family. My church celebrated "All Nations Sunday" which is an opportunity to celebrate and pay homage to all the various cultures we represent. Typically I rep my Jamaican culture proudly - while I was not born there my mother and family made sure that I experienced many of the cultural norms and ways. This year was different, just days after a soldier was shot at the National War Memorial in Ottawa, Canada [five minutes from my work] I felt it was only right to represent my Canadian Heritage. Ottawa, the city formerly known to be 'the city that fun forgot' is typically quiet and easy going - when catastrophe struck it was remarkable to see how resilient and caring people were in the midst of crisis. 

I have never been prouder to say I AM CANADIAN











No comments:

Post a Comment